This is default featured slide 1 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured slide 2 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured slide 3 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured slide 4 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured slide 5 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

Over-speeding Vehicle Runs Into Tricycles Along Ipaja Road, Critically Injuring Several People


A ghastly motor accident involving a Honda vehicle with registration number KTU 921 JY and two commercial tricycles occurred at about 8:50 a.m. on Monday at the Federal Bus Stop along Ipaja Road in Lagos, leaving several passengers injured.

Eyewitnesses at the scene said the female driver of the Honda car was allegedly speeding when she attempted to dodge a sweeper working with the Lagos Waste Management Authority.

According to witnesses, the vehicle hit the sweeper before veering across the road and colliding with two tricycles on the opposite lane.

It was gathered that about 10 passengers in the tricycles sustained varying degrees of injuries during the crash. While some victims suffered serious injuries, others reportedly sustained minor wounds.

It was further gathered that the injured passengers were initially rushed to a private hospital for emergency treatment before some of them were later transferred to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital in Ikeja for further medical attention.

Police officers from Gowon Divisional Headquarters, neighbourhood watch personnel and LASTMA officials were seen at the scene managing traffic and coordinating rescue efforts.

Authorities were yet to officially comment on the incident as of the time of filing this report.

  

How An Over 65 Years Old Grandma Was Raped To Death By Hoodlums In Badagry


Residents of Oke Egan in the Ilogbo-Eremi area of Badagry, Lagos State, were thrown into shock on Friday after the body of a sexagenarian woman, Victoria Adegoke, was found abandoned in a nearby bush.

According to the Punch, the deceased was allegedly found naked and was suspected of having been raped and strangled before her body was dragged into the bush.

One of the photographs obtained by PUNCH Metro on Sunday showed what appeared to be marks indicating that the victim’s hands had been tied by her assailants.

A community leader, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the incident, said Adegoke, believed to be in her 60s and a grandmother, was found around 6:10am on Friday.

He told Punch correspondent that the deceased had attended a programme at The Joy of Christ Ministry, popularly known as Ayo Jesu Church.

According to the source, Adegoke was allegedly ambushed by some hoodlums while returning home in the early hours of the day.

“The deceased is someone I know. Her daughter stays abroad. She went to church last Tuesday and had been there for some time because they were holding a programme that ended four days ago.

“She later stayed with one of her siblings who lives close to the church. It was while she was returning home around six in the morning that she was reportedly attacked.

“The suspects removed her clothes and underwear. They strangled her and also took her phone. Her ATM card and Bible were found at the scene,” the source said.

Another resident who identified himself only as Adeola described the incident as shocking, questioning why an elderly woman would be subjected to such brutality.

“She should be between 65 and 68 years old. Passersby found her body inside the bush and reported the matter at the police post in Ilogbo-Eremi.

“The police are aware of the incident and should be able to track the assailants through the woman’s stolen phone,” the resident said.

A community member, who also requested anonymity for fear of attack, described the area of the incident as notorious for violent crimes.

“The community is along the boundary between Lagos and Ogun states and is known for criminal activities. This is not the first time such a crime has happened here.

In fact, this would be about the fourth such incident reported in the area.

“The place is prone to violence, so people have to be careful. She was a grandmother, not a young woman. She was found naked, and it was when the police arrived that her body was covered. Her pants had been removed, which suggested she was raped,” the source added.

When contacted on Sunday, the spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, CSP Abimbola Adebisi, did not respond to calls or a WhatsApp message sent to his line at the time of this report.

This is not the first time a disturbing incident has been reported in Badagry. In November 2025, the corpse of an unidentified man was discovered in front of a filling station in the Seme area of the town.

The discovery was first reported by CityMood Badagry, a local social media news platform.

The deceased was found lying face-up, wearing what appeared to be a white top with black stripes, with parts of his chest and neck visibly exposed.

Culled from the Punch 

Police Burst 'One Chance' Gang In Okota, Arrest 6 Suspects


Operatives of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested six suspected members of a “One Chance” robbery syndicate allegedly terrorising commuters along Ago Palace Way in the Okota area of Lagos.

The suspects were arrested during a stop-and-search operation conducted by police operatives along Ago Palace Way.

According to the police in a statement signed by its Police Public Relations Officer, SP Abimbola Adebisi on Sunday, a tricycle with registration number AAA 720 QL carrying about six occupants was intercepted while the occupants were allegedly attempting to rob commuters.

Police said the suspects abandoned the tricycle and fled immediately after spotting officers at the scene.

Items recovered during the operation include: a cutlass allegedly used in carrying out the robberies and a mobile phone.

Subsequent investigations led to the arrest of the six suspects identified as Basiru Rilwan, 23; Afeez Akeem, 25; Ademola Yekeen, 20; Sodipo Oyeyemi, 27; Ayomide Gafar; and Fabayo Michael, 28.

The police further disclosed that the suspects were found in possession of a dummy pistol allegedly used to intimidate victims during operations.

The command said the suspects would be charged to court upon the conclusion of investigations.

The statement added that the Lagos State Police Command, under Commissioner of Police Tijani Fatai, remains committed to proactive policing measures aimed at curbing crime and ensuring the safety of residents.

The command also urged members of the public to continue providing timely and credible information to support efforts to tackle criminal activities across the state.

  

APC Primary In Kosofe: Coalition Warns Against Violence And Unrest As Two Rival Contenders Claim Victory


As the All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives primary election in Kosofe Federal Constituency at the weekend, continues to generate controversy, with two contenders claiming victory, the Coalition of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Kosofe Local Council has warned against any attempt to incite violence, mobilise unrest, or create an atmosphere of insecurity within the constituency.

In a statement on Sunday, signed by Comrade Alex Omotehinse, the coalition  said any grievances arising from the conduct or outcome of the primary election should be addressed strictly through established party mechanisms and, where necessary, or through a courts of competent jurisdiction.

He noted that no camp or political actor should resort to self-help, inflammatory rhetoric, or actions capable of disrupting public peace, adding that the integrity of the democratic process must be preserved through lawful, transparent, and peaceful channels.

Omotehinse called on the security agencies to checkmate any act or conduct that can ignite or promote crises in Kosofe Federal Constituency.

He said: “From available information and declarations made at the conclusion of the exercise, Mayor Dele Oshinowo was announced by the designated returning officer as the duly elected candidate and flag bearer of the APC for the 2027 general elections.

“However, the Coalition notes the contradictory position emanating from the camp of the incumbent MHR Mrs. Kafilat Ogbara, which initially laid claim to victory and has subsequently asserted that the election did not hold. This inconsistency is both troubling and capable of generating confusion, tension, and unnecessary political heat within the Kosofe Federal constituency.

“As a human rights-driven body and active stakeholder in Nigeria’s pro-democracy journey having played roles in the struggle against military rule, the Coalition considers it imperative to caution against any actions or narratives that may overheat the polity or threaten the peace and stability of Kosofe and, by extension, Lagos State.”

The Coalition therefore calls on all aspirants, their supporters, and political stakeholders to exercise restraint, demonstrate political maturity, and prioritize the collective interest of Kosofe above individual ambitions.

“We strongly warn against any attempt to incite violence, mobilize unrest, or create an atmosphere of insecurity within the Kosofe Federal constituency. As a Civil Society coalition, we remains steadfast in our advocacy for justice, fairness, and democratic accountability, we will continue to monitor developments and speak out where necessary to ensure that peace, order, and good governance prevail.

  

How driver Got Distracted By Mobile Phone And Plunged Into A Canal Along Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Injuring 2


A driver allegedly distracted by a mobile phone while driving narrowly escaped death after his vehicle plunged into a canal at the Mowo axis inward Badagry along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) disclosed that the lone accident involved a Lexus Jeep with registration number JJJ 19 KK.

According to preliminary findings, the driver reportedly lost concentration while using a mobile phone behind the wheel, causing him to lose control of the vehicle before it veered off the expressway and somersaulted into the canal.

LASTMA said excessive speeding further worsened the situation and contributed to the severity of the crash. Officials of LASTMA, in collaboration with personnel of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), immediately launched a rescue operation at the scene.

The driver reportedly sustained severe internal injuries, while a female passenger suffered a fracture to her left arm. The victims were rescued from the wreckage and taken to Ola-Oki Medical Facility in Ibereko, inward Badagry, for urgent medical treatment.

LASTMA operatives also carried out evacuation and recovery operations to remove the damaged vehicle from the scene and prevent possible secondary accidents along the busy corridor.

The agency noted that despite the incident, traffic flow along the axis remained largely uninterrupted due to effective traffic management and prompt deployment of officers to the area.

Reacting to the accident, the General Manager of LASTMA, Olalekan Bakare-Oki, reiterated the agency’s warning against speeding, reckless driving, and the use of mobile phones while driving.

“It is profoundly disheartening that despite sustained public enlightenment campaigns and continuous road safety advocacy by the government, some motorists still engage in the dangerous practice of operating mobile phones while driving, thereby endangering not only their own lives but also those of other road users,” he said.

Bakare-Oki urged motorists to remain focused while driving, avoid distractions, obey speed limits, and comply with all road safety regulations to prevent avoidable crashes and loss of lives.

  

Ebola Outbreak In Dr Congo: Why Nigerians Should Be Worried


The outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo is concerning, especially for Nigeria that records high traffic of migration from and to countries within that region of the continent. According to the BBC, “The disease has been spreading for weeks undetected in a part of the world where civil war makes getting on top of the virus difficult, and the species of Ebola involved is rare, so there are fewer tools to stop a virus that kills around a third of people infected. This is a critical moment in an outbreak where there is uncertainty about how far it has spread, but there are already almost 250 suspected cases and 80 deaths. Most Ebola outbreaks tend to be small, but specialists are haunted by the 2014-16 outbreak. Then, 28,600 people in West Africa were infected in the largest ever outbreak of the disease.”

Experts say the ugly development in Dr Congo is a cause for worry for Nigerians judging by the high level of traffic between Nigeria and countries around that region. Passenger traffic is high and well-connected, with daily flights taking people between major hubs in both regions.

This is as the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, in a statement by its Director General, Jide Idris, on Sunday, said it has increased its surveillance of the disease.

The 17th outbreak in Congo, where Ebola was first identified in 1976, could in fact be much larger, given the high positivity rate of the initial samples and increasing number of suspected cases being reported, the WHO said.

The health organisation described Congo’s outbreak as “extraordinary” as there are no approved Bundibugyo virus-specific therapeutics or vaccines, unlike for Ebola-Zaire strains.

All but one of the country’s previous outbreaks were caused by the Zaire strain.

The DRC’s dense tropical forests are a natural reservoir for the Ebola virus.

Director General of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, Jean Kaseya, said in a statement that he had requested technical guidance and recommendations on the potential need to declare the outbreak a ?public health emergency of continental security.

The often-fatal virus, which causes fever, body aches, vomiting and diarrhoea, spreads through direct contact with the bodily fluids of infected persons, contaminated materials or persons who have died from the disease, according to the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.

Reacting to the development, the NCDC boss said the centre was closely monitoring the situation due to increasing regional movement across African countries and was working with relevant stakeholders, including the Port Health Services under the Federal Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, to strengthen preparedness within Nigeria’s public health system.

“NCDC is closely monitoring the situation and working with relevant stakeholders, including the Port Health Services, to ensure continued vigilance and preparedness within the public health system,” he stated.

The NCDC boss described Ebola virus disease as a severe viral illness transmitted through direct contact with the blood, bodily fluids, secretions, or contaminated materials of infected persons or animals.

He noted that the disease has an incubation period ranging from two to 21 days, while symptoms include fever, weakness, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhoea and, in severe cases, unexplained bleeding.

Idris said the agency had continued to maintain surveillance systems for Ebola and other epidemic-prone diseases while strengthening risk communication and community engagement activities nationwide.

He urged Nigerians to remain calm and avoid circulating misinformation about the disease.

“Members of the public should remain calm and avoid spreading misinformation,” he said.

The NCDC advised Nigerians to practice regular hand hygiene, avoid contact with bodily fluids of sick persons, refrain from handling dead animals or bushmeat from unknown sources, and promptly report unusual illnesses to the nearest health facility.

The agency also urged citizens to rely only on updates from official public health authorities.

Healthcare workers were advised to maintain a high index of suspicion for Ebola, especially in patients presenting symptoms compatible with the disease alongside relevant travel or exposure history.

Idris stressed the importance of strict adherence to infection prevention and control measures, including early identification and isolation of suspected cases, proper use of personal protective equipment, hand hygiene, and prompt reporting through established channels.

“NCDC will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates as necessary,” he added.

Nigeria gained international recognition for successfully containing an Ebola outbreak in 2014 after an infected traveller arrived in Lagos from Liberia.

Through rapid emergency response measures, aggressive contact tracing and coordinated public health interventions, the outbreak was curtailed within months.

The experience prompted significant investments in disease surveillance, emergency preparedness and laboratory capacity by the NCDC and the Federal Government, positioning Nigeria as one of Africa’s leading countries in epidemic response coordination.